Jenna Harris has a broad-based practice with a primary focus on intellectual property and commercial litigation, and is experienced in complex disputes relating to entertainment, copyright, trademark, and trade secret. Jenna has represented clients in federal and state court actions, and also assists clients with transactional matters related to copyright and trademark law.
Jenna provides business-minded counseling to clients in the music, media, entertainment, fashion, technology, e-commerce, and consumer-products industries. She understands the value of intellectual property and the importance of strategic decisions in maintaining and enhancing that value. Jenna provides comprehensive advice to assist clients with achieving their goals, including:
- Representing trademark and copyright clients in the procurement of intellectual property rights before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and Copyright Office.
- Representing and defending clients in proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Intellectual property protection, maintenance, enforcement, licensing, and litigation.
- Counseling clients regarding brand development, marketing, and maintenance.
- Internet, e-commerce, search engine, and domain name disputes.
Prior to joining Riley Warnock & Jacobson, PLC, Jenna worked for the Volunteer Lawyers & Professionals for the Arts, a non-profit organization in Nashville that provides complimentary legal and business services to low-income artists and arts organizations. There, Jenna counseled artists of all forms regarding various copyright, trademark and contractual issues.
Jenna graduated cum laude from The University of Mississippi School of Law where she was a member of the Moot Court Board and served as Managing Editor of the Mississippi Sports Law Journal. In law school, she received the Mississippi Bar Litigation Section Scholarship and the AmJur Award in Patent Law, and won the 2011 Steel Dalehite & Pace Trial Competition. Jenna also graduated cum laude from The University of Mississippi with a B.B.A. in Marketing.
Honors and Speaking Engagements:
- Presenter – Star Athletica and the Intersection of Trademark and Copyright in Fashion, Tennessee Bar Association, Nashville, TN (May 19, 2017)
- Named “Mid-South Rising Star” in Intellectual Property by Super Lawyers (2016 – 2017)
Intellectual Property Litigation
Copyright & Trademark
Media & Entertainment
University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D. 2012
University of Mississippi, B.B.A. 2009
American Bar Association
Tennessee Bar Association
Nashville Bar Association
Law Association for Women
Phone: (615) 320-3700 ext. 113
EMAIL | VCARD